Maritime workers face unique challenges each and every day. From walking on slippery decks or stairs to working in close proximity to heavy or dangerous equipment, offshore workers are frequently in situations that can cause serious, and sometimes permanent, injuries. Regardless of the dangers associated with your job, however, you have legal rights that entitle you to recover for your injuries.
If you or a loved one were injured while working offshore, contact our Undefeated Maritime Lawyers for a Free Consultation at 1-888-302-3838. We’ll answer your questions, advise you of your rights under the Jones Act and General Maritime Law, and devote whatever resources necessary to ensuring that you’re fully compensated for all your injuries and damages.
Fractures that Most Commonly Occur while Working Offshore:
- Closed, or Simple, Fracture – A break in the bone that does not pierce the skin.
- Open, or Compound, Fracture – A break in the bone that has pierced through the skin leaving the injury more susceptible to infection.
- Complete Fracture – A break that is complete with neither fragment remaining connected.
- Linear Fracture – A break that runs lengthwise, along the bone’s axis.
- Transverse Fracture – A break that runs perpendicular to the bone’s axis.
- Oblique Fracture – A break that runs diagonal to the bone’s axis.
- Spiral, or Twisted, Fracture – A break in which some part of the bone has twisted.
- Comminuted Fracture – A break resulting in the bone being broken into multiple pieces.
- Impacted Fracture – A break caused when pieces of bone are forced together.
- Compression Fracture – A break that results in the bone being crushed.
If you’ve suffered a fractured or broken bone while working offshore, it is important that you report the offshore injury and request medical attention immediately. Do not continue working! Remember, unless you report your injury to the proper person onboard your vessel, an incident report will not be created. Without an incident report, your employer can deny that your injury ever happened.
Over $1 Billion Won for Offshore Workers and their Families: Call 1-888-302-3838 or Click Here for a Free Consultation
In addition to being undefeated, our Jones Act lawyers have won Over $1 Billion in verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients throughout Texas, Louisiana and the Gulf Coast who were injured while working offshore.
We have the knowledge and experience necessary to take on the largest maritime employers in the world and win.
Call 1-888-302-3838 for a free, no commitment consultation.